Pages

Sunday 27 March 2011

While I was Writing



I don’t know if these words will find
The one’s they were written for
Or that the expression they contain
Will be heard by those they were meant for

Or Even if
The need is greater than the art

I find these times to be of great concern
I sense the breeze is strong for those of duplicity

This is the irony in these tales
And their meanings
Drone bombs fall on my brothers
My sons my daughters my sisters
Blinded by poverty and the air of deprivation
Blinded by machines that show no mercy
Blinded by the men who control their aims
Blind are those who see not this travesty

Foolish am I who thinks we will reach this amnesty
Yet, despite this anger and rage
These lyrics are not bullets
They are not incendiary
Maybe these thoughts are too simple
Their aim a little elementary

Could it be that such emotions
Just don’t reach the parts of us
That will give rise to a force
For change

That will actually deliver
The people of Gaza from their innate disaster
The price of the suffering in Bosnia
And the screams of Ten-year-old Husna in Chechnya

I use to believe
Now I just bleed words
And lyrics for us forgotten misfits
We chase the web for YouTube and a million Tweets

While I was writing this…

Another family’s dreams was just blown to bits 


“While I was Writing” by Cypher 7 A.D
Cypher 7A.D is a Poetry & Spoken Word based enterprise aimed at expressing issues that count, not those that sell..peace.




No comments:

Post a Comment